Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Right Balls Up

Straight up, the pic on the right was on the front page of our freebie paper, the High River Times (HRT to the locals), last week. I was in pleats when I saw it ..... good job they put his name underneath so he could wallow in his 15 minutes of fame! Just imagine the scene when the (paid!) photographer submitted his 'art' for approval. You really couldn't make it up could you? The editor is either a complete dunce or has a unique sense of humour.

The weather lately has been extreme to say the least. I commented to a colleague last Monday that it was the coldest since we've been here ....... his reply was that it hadn't been this cold for about 3 years!!! Every time I send Dylan out to answer the call of nature I have a vision that I'll have to get out there to snap him off the fence post. It's forcast to be around zero for the next 2 days, before plummeting to -20 for the weekend. Oh joy.

Click the link for the local rag write up:
http://cgi.bowesonline.com/pedro.php?id=61&x=story&xid=373291

I'm really in to Professional Bull Riding at the minute; it's on telly loads over here. It's great. Locals from cowie backgrounds long for their sons to be professionals when they grow up. One little boy in Nicki's class is called Layne because his dad wants it to sound right when he's on the circuit! Jack's thankful that I'm not of the same mindset. Imagine your first day at high school if you were called Pele Thompson?
Clip here: http://www.youtube.com/user/PBRNow

I'm still off the weed (70 days now!!). I don't think I've changed that much but Katie and Eleanor bought me a Grumpy t shirt for Christmas. Maybe there's a (not so) hidden message in there somewhere?

The kids and Nicki are off school the week after next so I've taken a weeks holiday too. We plan on getting out and about to enjoy the snow and fresh air. Trips to Banff, Lake Louise and Calgary Olympic Ski Park are all pencilled in. It's 20 years since the Winter Olympics were here so they're having a nostalgic bash with guest appearances from stars of the event, including Eddie The Eagle! Got to be having some of that. Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. We also plan on going to a Calgary Hitmen hockey game as well. Busy, busy.

Anyway gotta go, butties to do, bath to have etc. We'll both do some more at the weekend.

It's good to see comments coming through as well.
Robbo, Robbo, Robbo.

See Y'all.
Bert xxx