Sunday, February 3, 2008

As Cold As Cold Can Be


Hi folks, this is your weather girl, and have I got news for you?? No, it's not raining men . . . it's -49 !!! Well -37, but with a severe wind-chill factor making it officially feel like
-49. And boy, it certainly did. As soon as you got out of the car the lining of your nose froze, and frost-bite would set in after 6 mins skin exposure. Schools declared a 'snow day' and the buses were off Tuesday so I did the sensible thing - waved Bert off while refusing to set foot out of my toasty house. He made sure his car was plugged in to a 'hook-up' at work (outdoor sockets - keep your oil warm). One of Adele's friends left her car at the airport and returned to find the battery frozen solid. We're up to a mild -11 today with a forecast of zero by the end of the week . . . we can barely contain our excitement.

We ventured out to Laser-Tag today - another first for me and Bert. We didn't get to grips with it for the first game . . . happily zapping a couple of kids, who gave us one of those "Oh P-leeease" looks before pointing out (sigh/exaggerated patience) "We're all on the green team". Ooops. Game 2 brought out the terminator in Bert and he got the top score. I mainly hid - accompanied by an unknown but nervous 5 year old, and given that I don't do suspense (I turned 'Die Hard' off after 4 mins - couldn't cope) I did remarkably well and only screamed once.

Over to Bert, who has a list to work through now that he's regained his mojo. Thanks Robbo:)

Snuggly cuddles to all,

Nicki xxxxx

PS : Katie would like it to be known that she has turned into an ice-cube.

Bert here: I did intend to post but we've been riveted to the TV watching the Super Bowl. We didn't have a blinking clue as to what was going on, but it was real edge of the seat stuff. Well done NYG.

I'll post again soon ...... bet you can't wait?

Brrrrt (it's a bit parky) xx