Sunday, July 22, 2007

Keeping In Trim In Trim

I'm back. I've spent the last 5 weeks working silly hours (3.00pm to 02.00am, 6 days a week) in the Trim dept at work. I've been shattered. It has had it's benefits though ..... I've lost over a stone!!

My belt has moved 2 holes back and I've had to buy jeans with a smaller waist! I did want to lose weight, but this wasn't what I planned. I'd get to bed at 3.00am and wake at 5.00am aching all over. Anyway it's done now and I'm back to normal hours (8.00am to 5.00pm), let's just hope it stays off.

I have threated to blog a few times recently, but when discussing the subject matter with Nicki I've had the inevitable 'that's a bit boring don't you think?' reply, so I haven't bothered.

Prepare to be bored senseless.

It's now almost 6 months that we've been here; the worrying part is that things that seemed odd then don't any more. We went to an Indian Rodeo and Pow-Wow yesterday ..... Sunday's watching Steer wrestling and Calf roping just seems so normal. Every now and again though something catches my eye (generally TV ads) that makes me think WHAT!!!

Pet stairs!! ..... you buy some carpeted steps that help your dog climb on the sofa or bed!! Saves the poor flea ridden pooch having to jump up onto your furniture, hey? The 4 step one's on offer for just under £80 so if you're interested you could always ask Julie to bring some back with her.

Here's a link: http://www.luckypetfurniture.com/petsteps1.html

There are also a couple of fishing rods advertised that take some believing. There's the 'Pen' and the 'Rocket' ..... one's a tiny telescopic one that fits in your top pocket and the other launches this massive float miles into the water causing a massive splash. Unbelievable. I can just imagine the reaction of other anglers if you used one at a UK fishery.

Links: http://www.gizmoandwidget.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=266&zenid=df41ebd56ebf5f79fbf73f392b40b749

https://www.spindirect.com/product.php?productid=16174&s=rocket&sessid=b18863004251827dba9d4c61433c110b

Those hail stones last week were something else!! Friends of ours saved some so we'll put a pic on when Katie returns with our camera.

Now that I've cured your insomnia I'll go.

Love to all.

Bert xx

Some recent pics are on-line here:
http://www.photobox.co.uk/slideshow?album_id=26915162